What does FirmPlay do?
FirmPlay is a US-headquartered provider of software for social media-related marketing. For more information about FirmPlay, please visit our Site at www.swaybase.com.
Information Collected Directly From You
We collect information about visitors to our Sites, employees of our customers, and users who interact with digital content shared by our customers and their employees.
The type of information that we collect directly from you varies based on your interaction with our Site and our Service. We collect information directly from you when you register an account with us, liaise with us on a customer service issue, complete an application or other forms on the Site and/or software, including, but not limited to, name, email, telephone, social media handle, and social media profile image.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Site or use our Service, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location), third party webpages accessed via the Service and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Site, including the pages accessed and links clicked, or Service, including content accessed.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Site or use our Service, where they come from, and what content and functionality is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Site and/or Service to our visitors and users.
Use of Personal Information
FirmPlay processes your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Site and Service;
- Provide users or customers with the Service and other products and services that a user or customer may request or that a user or customer has expressed interest in;
- Facilitate subscription processing, reviews and analysis;
- Evaluate user interest and needs in order to improve the Service and make available other offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services we make available to users or customers and potential users or customers;
- Monitor use of the Service;
- Provide customer support;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to users through email or other means, such as special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Conduct online research surveys regarding the Site and/or Service;
- Combine datasets to create aggregated data for internal evaluation and analysis;
- Share anonymized or personalized access tokens within the Service;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages, service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through email messages; and
To Whom We May Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your information, including personal information, to the following categories of recipients:
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or court order or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
If you are a visitor or user from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance of our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies – How to Opt Out
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register for our Service, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the Service, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, to make it easier for you to access and use the Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies or otherwise wish to disable our use of tracking technologies, most browsers and mobile devices allow you to change your settings so as to notify you when you receive cookies or other tracking technologies are being used, and to choose whether or not to accept/allow it. Most browsers also allow you to disable or delete existing cookies or to automatically reject future cookies. Disabling cookies may limit your ability to use the Services.
Certain tracking technologies we use are related to advertising networks, and through those technologies we may share certain information such as IP addresses. No personally identifiable information is shared with these advertising networks, but please note that the information we share with those advertising networks might be combined with other information about you that those networks may have collected from other sources. To learn more about advertising networks and how to opt out of sharing information with them, please click here
. If you’re in the EU, you can find additional information about your choices with respect to advertising networks and online behavioral advertising by clicking here
Certain tracking technologies we use involve the use of session replay scripts or other scripts that run directly from your browser. If you wish to disable these tracking technologies, you can install a third-party browser analytics blocker plug-in such as Ghostery
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit a request to delete your personal information, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Again, you can exercise this right by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to Contact Us” heading below. Note that if you submit such a request, this may prohibit you using the Site and/or Service.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where we process your personal information solely on behalf of a customer, we may be legally required to forward your request directly to our customer and social media business partners for their review / handling.
Security & User ID/Password
Our Site and/or Service utilizes various appropriate technical and organizational security measures, which include, but are not limited to, network and host security controls (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, etc.), data encryption (both at rest and during transmission), and operating procedures that are designed to protect your personal information. You should protect your user ID and password and NOT share it with anyone. If you believe your user ID and password have been compromised or you have trouble changing your user ID/password on the Site or Service, please contact our technical support department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, in the limited circumstances where this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
CAN-SPAM Compliance Notice (U.S. and Canadian users only)
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your account or any Service you have requested or received from us.
International Transfers (including outside of EU / EEA)
The Site and Service are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
How to Contact Us