FedEx is a global courier delivery services company that provides transportation, e-commerce, and supply chain management services to businesses and consumers.Claim This Policy
These Guidelines provide employees with a summary of FedEx’s policies and guidance that apply to personal participation and comments on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, QZone, VK, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat, Google+,Pinterest, Tumblr, blogs and wikis. The Guidelines apply to all external social media situations where you associate yourself with FedEx, interact with other FedEx employees, customers or vendors or comment on FedEx social media posts,products or services.
The Guidelines are not intended to limit any employee rights, including privacy or the right to communicate about wages,hours or terms and conditions of employment.As is standard in all industries, FedEx monitors public social media mentions of FedEx for opportunities to engage with customers and employees. If you have any questions about FedEx policies or these Guidelines, ask your manager or your Human Resources department.
Only designated employees are authorized to establish social media profiles or accounts on behalf of FedEx, speak on behalf of FedEx on social media or use social media to conduct FedEx business.
If you want to establish a social media presence on behalf of FedEx or a FedEx department,speak on behalf of FedEx in social media or use social media to conduct FedEx business,please contact the FedEx Global Social Media team by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question: I want to use my social media account to communicate with FedEx customers in my territory. Do I need approval from FedEx
Answer: Yes. If you plan to use a social media account to conduct FedEx business contact email@example.com for information and approval.
Question: I want to establish a personal YouTube site dedicated to restoring vintage motorcycles. Do I need approval from FedEx?
Answer: No.If you establish the site with your personal contact information, and the site is unrelated to your work at FedEx,you do not need approval from FedEx.
If you participate in social media and associate yourself with FedEx, any statements, images or material you post may be perceived as being on behalf of FedEx. To help protect you and FedEx, and to help ensure compliance with the law, keep the following considerations in mind.
1. General considerations: When you associate yourself with FedEx,interact with other FedEx employees,customers or vendors or comment on FedEx products or services we suggest that you:
2. Follow existing FedEx policies:You should follow the same policies that FedEx employees are expected to follow every day including, but not limited to, the FedEx Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and your operating company’s policies on acceptable conduct, Equal Employment Opportunity, computer/internet resources, workplace violence, safety and security.
Question: I sometimes go out after work in my FedEx uniform. Am I allowed to post pictures of myself socializing in my uniform?
Answer: As long as the pictures do not violate the FedEx Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or other policies,and they are not offensive or distasteful, it is okay to post pictures of yourself in your FedEx uniform on social media.
3. Respect all copyright and other intellectual property laws: For FedEx’s protection as well as your own, it is important that you respect laws governing copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property, including FedEx’s own copyrights, trademarks and brands.
4. Be responsible and respectful: You are personally responsible for the comments and content you post on social media. Do not post comments or content about FedEx employees,vendors or customers that are threatening, bullying, violent, obscene,intimidating, harassing, discriminatory or that could contribute to a hostile work environment on the basis of race, sex,disability, religion or any other status protected by law or FedEx policy. Conduct in social media that violates the FedEx Code of Business Conduct and Ethics,FedEx policies or the law could affect your employment at FedEx.
These Guidelines are not intended to restrict communications by employees about wages, hours or other terms and conditions of employment, nor do they prohibit you from reporting conduct to, providing truthful information to or participating in any investigation or proceeding by any government agency or self-regulatory organization.
6. Be transparent: If you make a recommendation or endorse a FedEx product or service,use your real identity and disclose that you work for FedEx.
Question: If I am on social media and see that someone has a customer service complaint or is bad-mouthing FedEx should I respond
Answer: FedEx has a staff of individuals who monitor social media and are trained to respond to customer service or other complaints on social media. Let the FedEx social media team respond to the complaint or, if you believe they are not aware of the complaint, report it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Respect privacy: Managers should respect employees’ privacy and must not request passwords to subordinates’ social media accounts.Also, managers should be cautious about “friending” or “following” subordinates on non-professional social media sites such as Facebook,Instagram or Snapchat.
8. Understand FedEx policies on employment verification and references: In general, FedEx does not allow managers to provide employment references or recommendations (electronic or otherwise) for individuals they have supervised and managers must not disclose non-public internal employee performance review information on social media sites. Follow your operating company’s policy on providing references and verification of employment.
Question: I have been asked to write a recommendation for a former subordinate on LinkedIn.Is it okay to write the recommendation.
Answer: No. As a FedEx manager you may not write a social media recommendation if the basis for your knowledge is their work for you at FedEx.
9. Understand FedEx policies on recruiting and hiring: FedEx is an equal opportunity employer and maintains policies and procedures for recruitment and background checks to ensure operating companies comply with equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination laws. Follow your operating company’s procedures for recruitment and background checks and do not use social media for the purpose of gathering information regarding an applicant or FedEx employee.
10. Realize the risks: Please read these Guidelines carefully. The Guidelines are meant to protect you by helping you comply with the FedEx Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other applicable company policies, violations of which can result in discipline up to and including termination. The Guidelines are also meant to protect FedEx, as deviation from the Guidelines can expose FedEx to legal liability, harm the FedEx brand or damage trusted relationships with vendors or customers.
Communications made on behalf of FedEx with members of the media or investment analysts should be coordinated through your company’s communications department or the investor relations department, as appropriate.Contact email@example.com orIR@fedex.com with any questions.
These Guidelines will continue to evolve as new technologies and social networking tools emerge. Check back periodically to make certain you are up-to-date. FedEx may modify, suspend or withdraw the Guidelines at any time.
For more information: If you have any questions about FedEx policies orthese Guidelines, ask your manageror your Human Resources department.